Challonge WordPress Plugin

Download the latest Challonge WordPress Plugin:

Do you like this plugin? Please consider donating to show your support.

Thank you!

Update Information

Latest release: Friday, April 29th, 2016 (version 1.1.5) – view changelog
Next release: Friday, September 1st, 2017 (version 1.1.6)

  • Version 1.1.6 CHANGELOG
    • Fixed issue where widget Signup buttons on tournaments with one or more participants are not displayed for users not logged in. Thanks to sagund07 for finding the cause and giving a solution for this issue. (bug report)
    • Added a way to list participants with shortcodes.
  • Version 1.1.6 TODO
    • Improved caching for much faster page loads. (partially completed)
    • Try to eliminate unnecessary requests to the Challonge API. Rely more on the user’s meta data.
    • Add the ability to display specific information about a tournament, such as participants or the start time, with shortcodes. (user request)
    • Do not use iframes on small screens to improve mobile user experience.
  • Version 1.1.7 TODO
  • Version 1.2 TODO
    • Add administration tools so organizers may manage participants and matches.

Last updated: Sunday, August 6th, 2017

Update Notes From Past Updates

Version 1.1.5

So this release, like the one before it, was way overdue. I rushed it a little at the end, but I think it’s at a good place now. I’m hoping to refine my development process to make updating this plugin easier for me. That includes a regular update cycle.

Version 1.1.4

I accomplished a lot in this long overdue release, but not as much as I’d like to. I hope I can bring it at least most of the rest of the way in the next release.

Version 1.1.3

I finally got some very annoying things fixed in this 1.1.3 update. The most notable change would be finally getting SSL verification properly implemented. It got released a little later than I was planning; I released it Sunday around 2am EDT when I was hoping to get it released sometime the previous Friday. Let’s just say I had a few setbacks. Fortunately, everyone on the plugin support forum have been patient with me and very helpful towards the advancement of the Challonge plugin.

Version 1.1.1

I made several fixes and cleaned up the code just a little bit. I really hope this update is pretty solid. I wish that for every release I make, but the reality of it is that it will never be perfect. Perfection is something to continuously strive for and is never completed. There’s always more to do. 🙂

Version 1.1.0

I crammed a ton of new features into version 1.1.0. I completed 5% in the second week of March, then the remaining 95% in the following week. This brings the plugin exactly where I wanted it from the very first version. I put a lot time and effort into this plugin, especially this past week where literally almost every hour of free time I had was spent on bringing this plugin to the next level.

If you agree it was worth it, please consider donating. Donating, even a single dollar, means a lot and can do wonders for me and this project I spawned, then adopted. Also, tell your friends! (That helps too.)


1 thought on “Challonge WordPress Plugin

  1. Pingback: CHALLONGE! WordPress Plugin |

Comments are closed.