NOTE: Please read all my updates below before commenting.
I’ve been working on a WordPress plugin that interfaces with the CHALLONGE! API. The purpose of this post is to centralize information about it while giving me the ability to keep it updated periodically.
Shortly after I started using CHALLONGE!, I wanted a plugin for WordPress. The problem is that there isn’t one, at least not yet. So I came across the WordPress Integration feature request and decided that it might as well be me who makes it—since it seems nobody else is jumping to the opportunity. This will be my first WP plugin.
Enough chatter, let’s get to some details.
Dedicated CHALLONGE! page listing recent or all challonges. Any user with proper permissions may create and host challonges on your behalf. Add users to a challonge by simply selecting them from a list of WP users or typing them in.
- Allow users with the proper permissions to sign up to challonges with the CHALLONGE! widget.
- Easy configuration and administration.
Player statistics. (Maybe.)
The first release will be made when the functionality of the features listed above are complete. I really want to get a solid release then improve on it from user feedback.
- Feb 9, 2013 – The plugin is about 25% complete. I’m setting myself a goal of having the first version completed and released before May.
- Mar 7, 2013 – I have made very little progress since my last update due to recent unexpected things in my busy life, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make my May goal. I will keep you guys updated. Also, thanks for all the great comments!
- Apr 28, 2013 – It has become apparent at this point I am unable to continue this project. I could just keep delaying it again and again, but that wouldn’t be fair to those interested, myself included. Priorities in my life have drastically changed since I committed to this project. I will soon release the progress I have made in hope someone else may be able to continue the project. Thanks again for everyone’s support.
- Aug 14, 3013 – I may be able to get to this again soon. (That’d be great!) I should have a better idea in a few weeks. Stay tuned!
- Sept 4, 2013 – Progress.
- Sept 6, 2013 – I updated the features list to better reflect my plans. I’m trying to keep it simple for now so I can actually get this done and released. If you would like to stay updated with the details of my activities on this project, I have a Google Drive directory just for storing such relevant information.
- Sept 25, 2013 – I’m making really good progress these recent days. Be sure to check the GDrive directory for day-to-day progress details. At this rate, I should have a usable plugin ready early next month.
- Oct 6, 2013 – The plugin will be released sometime this month. (So, yeah… stick around.)
- Oct 28, 2013 – I’ve been working hard at this plugin this month. I’m still on track. I had a few setbacks, but I think the worst of it is over and I can get this done before the month ends. If not, I will have it released in about a week. I’m almost done and thanks again for all the support! 🙂
- Nov 1, 2013 – It’s 9:00pm… Give me 48 hours! FORTY-EIGHT HOURS! (I hope that’s all I need.) 🙂
- Nov 3, 2013 – I’m done! It took my entire night, but I’m done. I just need to do some finishing touches… after I get some sleep. I will forget something important if I release it now.