Download the latest Challonge WordPress Plugin:
Thank you for all the support!
I finally got some very annoying things fixed in this 1.1.3 update. The most notable change would be finally getting SSL verification properly implemented. It got released a little later than I was planning; I released it Sunday around 2am EDT when I was hoping to get it released sometime the previous Friday. Let’s just say I had a few setbacks. Fortunately, everyone on the plugin support forum have been patient with me and very helpful towards the advancement of the Challonge plugin.
I made several fixes and cleaned up the code just a little bit. I really hope this update is pretty solid. I wish that for every release I make, but the reality of it is that it will never be perfect. Perfection is something to continuously strive for and is never completed. There’s always more to do.
I crammed a ton of new features into version 1.1.0. I completed 5% in the second week of March, then the remaining 95% in the following week. This brings the plugin exactly where I wanted it from the very first version. I put a lot time and effort into this plugin, especially this past week where literally almost every hour of free time I had was spent on bringing this plugin to the next level.
If you agree it was worth it, please consider donating. Donating, even a single dollar, means a lot and can do wonders for me and this project I spawned, then adopted. Also, tell your friends! (That helps too.)
Latest release: Sunday, May 11th, 2014 (version 1.1.3) – view changelog
Next release: “Soon” (version 1.1.4)
- Version 1.1.4 CHANGELOG
- Completed translation support. (The .pot file is available on GitHub right now.)
- Added Spanish translation by Andrew Kurtis from WebHostingHub.
- Added support for Challonge’s check-in feature.
Users may check-in during the check-in period.
- Tested and bumped support for WordPress 4.0.
- Made adding shortcodes easy and painless. Integrates into TinyMCE. Must have TinyMCE 3.x and 4.0 (as of WP 3.9) support.
- Version 1.1.4 TODO
- Add the same flexibility of the shortcode “subdomain” attribute to the “Subdomain” field in widget settings. (eg. “mysubdomain.challonge.com” should be valid in widget settings)
- Test for TinyMCE button compatibility. Add a check to only enable it when supported.
- Version 1.1.5 TODO
- Add user meta data tokens to the participant name templating. (user request)
- Try to eliminate unnecessary requests to the Challonge API. Rely more on the user’s meta data.
Last updated: Wednesday, October 29th, 2014