Download the latest Challonge WordPress Plugin:
Thank you for all the support!
Latest release: Sunday, December 14th, 2014 (version 1.1.4) – view changelog
Next release: TBD (version 1.1.5)
- Version 1.1.5 CHANGELOG
- Separated AJAX related methods from main plugin class. (cleanup)
- Version 1.1.5 TODO
- Make an option to disable the exclusion setting in each tournament from Challonge.com. (user request)
- Add user meta data tokens to the participant name templating. (user request)
- Add more control over how details are displayed. (user request)
- Add status-specific visibility options to shortcodes. (user request)
- Try to eliminate unnecessary requests to the Challonge API. Rely more on the user’s meta data.
- Version 1.1.6 TODO
- Version 1.2 TODO
- Add administration tools so organizers may manage participants and matches.
Last updated: Wednesday, December 31st, 2014
Update Notes From Past Updates
I accomplished a lot in this long overdue release, but not as much as I’d like to. I hope I can bring it at least most of the rest of the way in the next release.
I finally got some very annoying things fixed in this 1.1.3 update. The most notable change would be finally getting SSL verification properly implemented. It got released a little later than I was planning; I released it Sunday around 2am EDT when I was hoping to get it released sometime the previous Friday. Let’s just say I had a few setbacks. Fortunately, everyone on the plugin support forum have been patient with me and very helpful towards the advancement of the Challonge plugin.
I made several fixes and cleaned up the code just a little bit. I really hope this update is pretty solid. I wish that for every release I make, but the reality of it is that it will never be perfect. Perfection is something to continuously strive for and is never completed. There’s always more to do.
I crammed a ton of new features into version 1.1.0. I completed 5% in the second week of March, then the remaining 95% in the following week. This brings the plugin exactly where I wanted it from the very first version. I put a lot time and effort into this plugin, especially this past week where literally almost every hour of free time I had was spent on bringing this plugin to the next level.
If you agree it was worth it, please consider donating. Donating, even a single dollar, means a lot and can do wonders for me and this project I spawned, then adopted. Also, tell your friends! (That helps too.)