Download the latest Challonge WordPress Plugin:
Thank you for all the support!
Most of the comments on this post are regarding previous revisions of this post. Please keep this in mind when reading them and before commenting. Thanks.
Upcoming Update Information
Next release TL;DR: Add new features/behavior.
Next release date: TBD (version 1.1.0)
- Version 1.1.0 CHANGELOG
- Version 1.1.0 TODO
- Add cache capability as promised.
- All tournament links should open in thick box (modal window) containing the embedded tournament instead of directly linking to the tournament on Challonge.com. I may add a setting for this behavior.
- The “Signup” button on the widget should be displayed even for unregistered users. Clicking the button will prompt log in and tournament signup for easier signup when a user is not logged in. I may add a setting for this behavior.
- Add a tournament status filter to the widget. I may add additional filters to the short code, including the aforementioned filter.
- Version 1.1.0 CONSIDERATIONS
- Add clan naming features allowing users to have a clan tag before and/or after their username.
- I would like to hide the unnecessary features in the score reporting when the tournament has “Quick Advance” enabled in its settings. However, this seems hard to do with the current Challonge API as it doesn’t appear to send that detail. I will be looking for any workarounds. (When is version 2 of the API coming?)
- I would like to redesign the sign up thinkbox to support more information about the tournament, notably the tournament’s description.
Last updated: Sat, Feb 15th, 2014